Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day One: Purple Suede Flats

Yesterday, was Day One of my challenge. I wore my purple suede flats with black dress pants from Target, a bright purple tank top from Express and a white sweater from WalMart. The flats were a gift to me from my younger sister for Christmas. They're actually quite comfortable. I was able to wear them all day without my feet hurting, they got a little sweaty, but generally felt pretty good. However, it was also Monday and Mondays are Top Gear Night. Top Gear is a British Car Show that I watch with some friends who live across the parking lot of my apartment complex. One of the guys who lives in that apartment is also a fabulous chef and he and I make dinner for all of us who come to watch Top Gear. So, by the time Darrell and I were done making dinner (BLTs, potato salad and pasta salad, in case you were wondering), watching Top Gear with everyone and I got home it was getting late and I was exhausted and just wanted to get to bed at a relatively decent hour, since I had to work in the morning. So, I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday, but I will post twice tonight to make up for it!

Here are the shoes from Day One!



I like how they're shaped. Like it's two pieces and the little V type shape they make at the middle. The one thing I'm not a huge fan of though... Toe Cleavage. It makes me uncomfortable. I know it's unavoidable sometimes and I dealt with it all day... mostly I just didn't look at my feet. And, I have been much more ok with it recently than I used to be, but still... it's weird. Normally I avoid toe cleavage as much as possible, but my sister gave me these shoes and I love her a whole lot and I had to give them a shot and once I discovered how cute they really are and that they're pretty comfortable I bite the bullet and deal with the toe cleavage.

On to Day Two!

Shoe-sy Q

2 comments:

  1. hahaha toe cleavage, I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toe cleavage is cute. Men like toe cleavage. I know women hate it but its nice.

    ReplyDelete