Friday, July 9, 2010

Day Twenty-one through Twenty-six.

Happy Fourth of July! ....five days late. Oops. I got busy, and kind of forgot to update. So, here is almost an entire week!!! Sunday was the 4th of July so I had to be at least a little patriotic. Red shirt and red flip flops. Got to go to a community band concert that my mom, aunt, three uncles, and various other family friends play in. Hung out with my Grammie for a bit, visited with a family friend I haven't really talked to in a while and got to see my cousins from Texas. Yes, I had just seen them at their daughter's wedding a month ago, but they were up working on the house Charlene grew up in and came to the concert. It was pretty fun.


Monday, I had the day off! Yippee!!! So, I did laundry... and had to wear my chucks. I've worn these babies almost completely out. I don't know if you can see it from the picture, but the heel on both shoes are falling apart! haha The heels usually end up rubbing on my feet and hurting, but they weren't too bad on Monday.


Tuesday, I had to go back to work. But, my boss is on vacation this week and one of the other two girls in the office went home sick around 9:30am so it was just me and Heidi all day. Tuesday began our week long heat wave. It was over 100 degrees plus crazy humidity. I dressed for the heat with a bright yellow sleeveless shirt and a cute skirt. And of course heels.

I got these from Victoria's Secret online, a few years ago. I don't wear them much because they used to hurt my feet, but they really don't anymore. Maybe I'm used to them, or used to higher heels so these aren't so bad anymore. Either way, they're adorable.

Wednesday, it was just me and Heidi again, and hot as anything again. I wore a skirt again and my cute orange top from NY&Co. And my other pair of new shoes that came in with the navy blue ones. I really like these, except since they're patent leather they kind of squeak a little when I walk or move, but I'm sure that'll go away once I wear them more.


Thursday, it was still super hot. And then there was this guy next door to our office who was trimming the hedges. He was majorly jacked - giant arms, 6-pack abs, the whole deal, and was strutting around all day long with his shirt off. The three of us were in the office trying to take pictures of his body on our cell phones and being silly all day. Of course, when he turned around and we saw his face, we realized he was not at all attractive! A "Butter Face" if you will. Great body... not so much with the face. But oh well, it was fun to watch him work. He did provide us with some entertainment and a nice change of scenery. Anywho... I opted for flats on Thursday. These were one of my first pairs of flats that I've owned in a long time other than flip flops or sneakers. I bought them for Christmas a couple years ago and I really like them. The little bow is so cute and I love the quilted fabric on the sides.


I went for casual Friday today. Purple flip flops, jean capris, bright purple tank top with a white, short-sleeved button down shirt over it. A very adorable outfit, I must say. I also went up to NH to have dinner with my cousin. It was a lot of fun.


Tomorrow the boy and I are hosting a BBQ at our apartment so we've got to go shopping in the morning for burgers and dogs and other BBQ necessities. I'm excited for it. I think it'll be a lot of fun, and it'll be nice to see everyone. I just hope it doesn't rain too much because it will be a LOT of people in my small apartment. Oh well.

Bon soir.

No comments:

Post a Comment