Thursday, July 1, 2010

Days Fifteen through Eighteen

Another four days, another four pairs of shoes! So, Monday I wore my low-heeled black shoes, once again from Target! I got them when I first started interviewing for jobs when I was still in college. I had this cute little skirt/blazer suit. Which is now waaaaaaaay too big for me, so I had to get rid of it. These are pretty comfy, and are actually a size 6, not a 5.5 like most of my shoes. They're pretty comfy too, but my feet get sweaty, and that's no good. Black dress pants and a white and army green striped shirt with a white tank underneath. It was still hot as balls on Monday and crazy humid too, so I tried to wear things that were light and I wouldn't be too hott in, but we had the AC on at work and it blows right on me, so I FROZE! haha Oh well, at least now the humidity has broken and it's cooled down a bunch.


Tuesday, were my newest addition. Grey peep-toe pumps, I got them on Ebay. They're Wild Diva brand, which is one of the brands that you can find at RAVE. These were my birthday present to myself. My red ones are very similar to these, except the red ones are rounded in the toe and not squared like these, and I think these are a slightly higher heel. I absolutely adore how the instep is open. I feel like these are very Marilyn Monroe-esque. Which I'm ALLLL about. Maybe that's what it is about peep-toe shoes that I like so much. That they're very Marilyn. The only thing I don't really care for about these is that the back part that's not attached is kind of wide and almost a little stretched out. It's a little annoying, but whatever. I still love these babies.


Yesterday, I went with these shiny gold ones. They were a gift from my sister. (If you remember Day One: Purple Suede Flats I mentioned that those were a Christmas gift from my sister. These were in the same package. She loves to keep me up on fashion and finds things for me that almost always fit in with my own personal style. And she is has some of the best Bargain Karma I've ever known! haha

I'm not really sure how I feel about these. When I wore them at my other job I had a bunch of people comment on them and say how cute they were and how much they liked them. They pinch my heels a little bit and after walking around for 8 hours they hurt my toes too, but they're really not that bad. I can guarantee that I would never have even looked twice at these if I'd seen them in the store. I would have brushed them off as "Grandma Shoes". After watching the entire first season of Glee recently, I'm realizing that they're kind of Rachel Barry shoes. Some knee-high white socks a super short plaid skirt and solid color blouse or shirt with a cardigan... yeah, they're Rachel Barry shoes all the way. I might have just inadvertently given myself an idea for a Halloween costume. But, I digress... I've only worn these shoes a couple of times. Usually paired with brown dress pants and my shiny gold/cream button-down.

Today, since it was chilly, I opted for "sneakers" and capris with a long sleeved shirt. I don't wear ballet flat sneakers like these very often, but I got these a year or two ago. My best friend saw them in a store in town and when I went in to try them on they didn't have my size. The smallest size they had was like a 7. Hah! So, I had to go to Keds.com and buy them. You can't really tell from the picture, but the upper of the left shoe is bigger than the other. It covers more of my foot and the elastic part is slightly further back. It's a little weird, but I don't care. After wearing them all day, they're kind of starting to pinch my feet right where the elastics are. But, that's the only thing that hurts.

So, that's this week so far. I'll try to be better tomorrow and over the weekend about updating day-by-day.

Shoe-sy Q

No comments:

Post a Comment