Thursday, July 22, 2010

Part Two of my Return!

So, last night I brought you up to date to last Friday when my sister came down from Spencerport, NY (right next to Rochester). Saturday, she and my mom and my cousin and I went to Hampton Beach for the day. We LOVE the beach. I would go so far as to call my mom, my sister and I Beach Bums. Of course, I did make my little whoopsie on Saturday, I wore my grey flip flops a second time without realizing it! I wore my emerald green bathing suit with my grey overshirt and my grey flip flops. I should have checked out my pictures first and worn a pair that I hadn't worn yet, but I didn't and therefore doubled up. Oopsie! I won't post pictures of the grey ones a second time because I'm sure you're capable of going back a post and checking them out.

Sunday, I wore my black flip flops with my navy blue polo and blue plaid bermuda shorts. I love those shorts. They're so comfy and really cute too!
We had a cookout at my mom's house since my sister was home. Then we went to the Petersham Band concert and our good friend, Kaitlyn, came out. It was really nice to see her and catch up. We don't see each other much anymore so when we do get to hang out we have tons to talk about.

Since I'm getting to the end of my journey, I decided it was time to break out the boots, so on Monday I wore my ankle boots.

I had another pair just like these, but I'd had them for quite a while and the heels were getting really worn down and the black coating on them was wearing off and they were turning white plastic. So, I bought new ones. These are actually slightly higher than the others and the toe is a little more squared that the others, but they're basically the same. I love them. Of course, I love them a lot more in the fall/winter when it's not crazy hot and humid, but that's the price I have to pay for giving myself this challenge.

Tuesday, I wore my tall boots. I had looked into getting a new pair of them last fall/winter and found a pair that I realllllllllly liked, but couldn't find my size in the store, and with boots like these I didn't really want to buy them without trying them on. My feet are super tiny, but my calves are normal sized/a little bigger than most and so it can sometimes get difficult to find boots that fit both my feet and my calves. Apparently, if you want to wear tall boots you have to be emaciated so that your legs fit. I guess this year I'll have to get a new pair though, these are getting pretty beat up and scuffed, etc.

They are really cute though, and I've worn them a ton since I got them, but that was like 6 years ago. I think I was a freshman in college when I bought them.

Wednesday, I wore my sneakers. Saucony running shoes. I've had those for a while also, but don't really wear them much either because like I mentioned before, I think my feet look weird in running shoe sneakers. They are crazy comfortable though and when I go for a walk or a run outside I wear them and my feet don't hurt at all.
No, they're not real stylish with dress pants, but I am hidden away in an office behind a desk so noone can see me, plus I did have to walk over to the Post Office and the C.O.G. (Council on Government) where I had to drop off my health insurance forms and stuff for my job. So, for the walking it was nice to have on comfortable shoes and not heels.

Last night after I went to the gym (yeah, that's a new development) I stopped at Target on my way home and found these shoes on sale. Marked down to like $6.98 or something, but then I got home and saw my receipt and they were really only $3.00!!! Very welcome surprise, I must say!
Totally cute right!? I saw them and that they were in my size and was like wow those are ridonculously cute!! I knew they'd be comfortable because I already have a pair of the same shoes only in Black. I wore them back in the beginning of the challenge. But, I was right about these, they were comfortable to wear all day, I even had to walk back to the COG today and then to and from Weight Watchers with my mom and in and out of the pizza place we go to for dinner on Thursdays and then to and from my car because we got ice cream afterwards.

I will try to remember to post tomorrow, but who knows if that'll happen!

Shoes-y Q

No comments:

Post a Comment