Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A long awaited return... at least I hope so!

No, I haven't been abducted by aliens from another planet, and I didn't die... I just kept either forgetting to update or just being too tired when I thought of it that I didn't want to. Mostly because I knew that I'd have SO many pictures to post. I may just have to make this two or three posts!

The last time I updated with my own shoe pictures was on the 9th of July. Almost two full weeks ago! I mentioned that the following day the boy and I were hosting a barbecue. We did. It was a HUGE success and everyone had a very lovely time. We've got leftover buns and rolls for burgers and dogs like WHOA! And I had to make a meatloaf and a pan of meatballs with the leftover hamburg. The boy likes to buy copious amounts of food for guests. We had WAAAAY more food than we did guests. It also rained that day so I'm sure that's why some people weren't able to come. I started the day out wearing my galoshes. It was pouring when we got up and we had to go to the grocery store to get all of the provisions for the afternoon's festivites! When we got back, however, it had stopped raining and was quite warm and humid out so I changed into flip flops. That I stole from my sister. They're quite comfortable. I've had them for so long that they've molded to my feet. Not like Old Navy flip flops mold to your feet because they're getting worn out, but these are cushiony and comfy. Except for when they get wet. Then they're slippery and annoying.
But they're not too bad, I don't think.

The next day he went to a Magic: The Gathering Tournament thing and I stayed home and watched Desperate Housewives and hung out for a while. I also made meatloaf and meatballs. Both were delicious. That night I went to Trivia at Applebee's with my friend Darrell and wore my grey and white sundress and grey flip flops. Of course as I'm writing this and uploading all my pictures I am realizing that I have actually worn these shoes TWICE! *gasp* I know. I'm awful. I can't keep track of which shoes I've worn and which I haven't. Well. That's not true. I am very aware of what I've worn, and that I'm getting VERY close to the end of my shoes. Well, of the ones that are still in my closet and not in a pile waiting to go to Goodwill/Salvation Army/Plato's Closet or any other number of used clothing donation sites. But this was the first time I wore the grey ones.
They're some of my favorites of my Old Navy flip flops. I don't know why I like my grey ones so much more than say my black ones or my white ones, but I just love them. I had a pair last year and wore them ALLLLL the time and had to buy a new pair this year.

Monday, I was all set to be super adventurous and wear these black and white spike heels that a good friend of mine got for me at Goodwill. I've never worn them because I've never really had an event to wear them to. I got dressed. Took pictures. Put them on. And found that in about 3 seconds I knew that there was NO way I could wear them all day long. Even if I do just sit behind a desk. The strap cuts into my ankle and the white part that is over the top of my foot cuts into my foot there. And, all my pants are too short to wear with these and hide the fact that they're kind of... well... slutty. So, I figured I'd show them to you anyway, but admit defeat that I don't think I could wear them all day without coming home with bruises on my feet.
When I got them they had these GIANT satin bows on them and I just couldn't do it, but I did some investigation and found that the bows were easily removed with a few snips of my scissors. So, They're adorable as all get out, but there's no way I can wear them to work. I guess I just need to find somewhere fancy to wear them! :)
Once I decided not to wear these I thought I'd try a different pair of super fancy shoes. So, I pulled out my silver sparkly T-Strap shoes. My sister has the same pair. We seem to do that sometimes. Find cute shoes and then both of us end up with them. Of course, these were on purpose. We bought these for when our mom got re-married back in October. We were bridesmaids, and gave her away, and we decided to have matching shoes. I LOVE these shoes. I've dubbed them my "wedding" shoes. I've worn them in three weddings now. My friend, Julia's, in St. Maarten (sooo beautiful), my mom's and my cousin, Alisha's, back in June. Just before I started the blog. But, again, these are too fancy to wear to work. So, you'll just have to deal with the pictures of them.
I don't think you can tell from the picture, but the rhinestones on the front are starting to fall off/apart, and at my cousin's wedding, our dresses were full length and the hem kept getting caught and by the end of the night had completely fallen down.

I did finally decide on what to wear for Monday though, my "Ugly Mom Shoes" that I used to wear at the Hotel. They're comfortable and supportive so they were great for walking around and standing on my feet for 8+ hours a day 5 to 6 days a week. They're not totally hideous, but they're not overly attractive either. But, they were in my closet so they were included in the challenge.


That Tuesday I wore my flowered ballet flat sneakers. I got them at Target a couple years ago. If you look closely you can see that they are in fact a Kids size 4. I'm sure I've mentioned that I have exceptionally tiny feet, but yes, I can also wear children's shoes. I sometimes have to buy my sneakers in the little kids section or at Kids Foot Locker. Anyway, these are comfy and totally adorable and I love them. I've worn them quite a few times and they're actually a little dirty, so I should probably wash them or something.


Even though it's been so ungodly hot and humid recently, I do still have to wear my sneakers and boots, so on Wednesday of that week I wore my black Pumas. I had wanted these sneakers for probably 4 years before I finally found them. I think I ordered them online, Puma.com I think. I love them because they're more of a "dress" sneaker. I find that running shoes and sneakers like that make my feet look silly. At least in my opinion. So, I wanted sneakers that are a little more classy but are still sneakers. And these fit the bill perfectly.


Perhaps you have been waiting for these to make an appearance. Or perhaps you really couldn't care less. Either way, Thursday it was time for the fabulous Red patent leather heels that I have mentioned a few times in other posts.
These are the beautiful shoes that I decided I wanted and then began my search for. I don't even remember how long I'd been looking for a pair of red heels, but one night I went over to Target.com and there they were. Right on the first page I looked at. In all their beautiful red glory. I love these so much, they're probably one of my favorite pairs. I've worn them a number of times and always get tons of compliments on them.

Friday was another Casual Friday for me. My sister came into town for the weekend. I wore my light teal flip flops with a matching striped V-neck t-shirt and jeans. These are another of my favorite flip flops. I've worn these quite a bit as well. This light teal is my favorite color so it makes me really happy.


And that brings us to last Saturday when my mom, my sister, my cousin and I went to Hampton Beach for the day. I got burned, and it was the second time that I wore my grey flip flops. But, the details of the day and subsequent weekend and week will have to wait for tomorrow, as I am falling asleep on my keyboard.

Shoes-y Q

No comments:

Post a Comment